Thursday 22 May 2014

✮ Strings Of The Heart (Runaway Train #3) ✮ Katie Ashley

   
   



SYNOPSIS

Twenty year old, Allison Slater has been in love with her brothers bandmate, Rhys McGowan, since she was fifteen years old. But to him, shell always be Jakes little sister and off limits. Now a college sophomore and licking her wounds from a bad breakup, she sets her sights on making Rhys see her as someone he could datemaybe even love. Her opportunity comes when Rhys visits his parents in Savannah where she is attending college. But the night shes dreamed of turns to heart-break, and she realizes shell never be the one for Rhys.

For Rhys McGowan, his nightmare began when he woke up, naked and hung-over, next to his bandmate
s little sister. Unable to remember a thing from the previous night, he only makes matters worse by lying to Allison about not being interested in her. The truth is hes spent the last year to ignore his bodys reaction whenever Allison is around. His resolve is tested when Allison comes on tour with Runaway Train, as both Jake and Abbys nanny and to fulfill her fashion design internship. The more time he spends with her in the close quarters of the bus, the harder it is for him to resist.

Will Rhys realize that having a relationship with Allison is worth fighting for even if it means that he has to fight his best friend for a chance?

 ARC RECEIVED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

I have been a fan of the Runaway Train series since I first read Jake and Abby's story, and even through AJ and Mia's book I was curious about Rhys.

And I was definitely not disappointed with his and Allison's story!  Though the story of a girl falling for her brother's friend is not a new one, the execution of this story was beautiful.

Rhys and Allison have history.  History beyond her just being Jake's little sister.  As bass player for Runaway Train, Rhys could have any woman he wants.... and Allison has been on his mind for years.

Rhys and Allison together are just wonderful.  There has been that spark of attraction between them since her 16th birthday, but Allison's feelings go back even further than that.

Katie Ashley always writes strong women, but took it to another level with Allison. She has been an amazingly strong woman from since she was a teenager, and just grows stronger as the years pass. 

Strings of the Heart sure did tug on the heartstrings. There was more than one time while reading that I may or may not have shed a tear or two.

At times I wanted to slap the crap out of Rhys for toying with Allison's heart the way he does.  I can understand his hesitance at forming a relationship, but at the same time I was calling bulls&*t at his reasons.  I wanted to love him and hate him all at the same time.
I just adored Allison.  She knows what she wants and goes for it.  And when things go awry with Rhys, my heart shattered along with hers.

 "Okay then, I'll put it all behind me. We'll go on like this never happened. If that's what you think is best." 

"I'm sorry, but I really do. It'll be fine in the end, you'll see. We'll be able to be friends just like nothing happened."  She gave me a quick jerk of her head. "I'll just try not to think each and every time I see you that you're the man who didn't just break my heart-you shattered it."

I really loved that we got more of the Runaway Train boys, as well as the Jacob's Ladder boys.  It has been great to see them all grow up and become loving family men.

Though the thing that irked me - Jake.  Ugh, he was such a hypocrite when it came to Allison!!  He had been such a man whore for so long, but he ball-busted any man who even looked at his sister.  And the way he acted towards Rhys.... grrrr!!  I loved that all the other RT ladies and his band mates put him in his place!!  OK, rant over!

So, can Allison and Rhys overcome what is keeping them apart, or can they make a go of things and get their HEA?
 Nope, you are going to have to read for yourself!

I adore Katie Ashley's writing, and have read every word she has written so far.  I love my down and dirty rockers, but I love seeing them knocked for six when they meet the woman meant for them.



Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.
With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she has spent the last eleven years teaching both middle and high school English. As of January 2013, she is a full-time writer.