Tuesday 25 August 2015

§ Sustained § Emma Chase § Legal Briefs #2 §

© Bianca Janeane




EMMA CHASE - SUSTAINED
The Legal Briefs #2
• release date:
25 August 2015
• 272 pages
• standalone!
• Book #3 Appealed will be out 17 November (Brent's book☺)

★★★★★
5 Stars



 A knight in tarnished armor is still a knight.

When you
re a defense attorney in Washington, DC, you see firsthand how hard life can be, and that sometimes the only way to survive is to be harder. I, Jake Becker, have a reputation for being cold, callous, and intimidatingand that suits me just fine. In fact, its necessary when Im breaking down a witness on the stand.

Complications don
t work for meIm a need-to-know type of man. If youre my client, tell me the basic facts. If youre my date, stick to what will turn you on. Im not a therapist or Prince Charmingand I dont pretend to be.

Then Chelsea McQuaid and her six orphaned nieces and nephews came along and complicated the ever-loving hell out of my life. Now I'm going to Mommy & Me classes, One Direction concerts, the emergency room, and arguing cases in the principal's office.

Chelsea
s too sweet, too innocent, and too gorgeous for her own good. She tries to be tough, but shes not. She needs someone to help her, defend herand the kids.

And that that, I know how to do.




Jake Becker.
We already met him in the first book in this series - he's best friends with Stanton and Sofia.
As a criminal defense attorney, he doesn't have time for more than one-night-stands.
And he has a lot of them.
Until he meets Chelsea.
First he meets her little nephew Rory - who kind of relieved him of his wallet. ☺
As soon as he sees Chelsea - he's done!
She's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
At first he tries to deny it - to lose himself in another one-night-stand...but he just can't do it.
But Chelsea comes with LOTS of baggage - namely six orphaned nieces and nephews.
Her brother and his wife have been killed in a car accident - making Chelsea a 26-year-old aunt/mom to six kids from baby to 14 years old.
And with her little grieving nephew getting into lots of trouble, it's a good thing she now has someone lawyer-ish at her side..

But will the huge instant-family be too much at once for Jake?


WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHELSEA & JAKE???
WILL THE TWO OF THEM HAVE A CHANCE FOR A HEA???
WILL THERE BE A HORRIBLE CLIFFHANGER?



I'm not telling you that of course



Ok - no Cliffhanger!
 ____________________________________________________




I really enjoyed this book.
And I loved that we got to see our darlings from book #1 again! ☺

Did I love the book? And does it deserve my 5 Stars?
Yes, your Honor, I did and it does! ☺

I especially love how Emma always tells her book from the males' POV.
And Jake is an amazing male!!!! Phew.


I thought he would run screaming once he finds out that Chelsea comes with lots of kids... but he's sooo adorable with them!!!


And of course he does run here and there ... we can't have our HEA right from the start ☺

The sexiness in the story gets a bit lost in all those kid-scenes ... which would bother me a bit normally - BUT Jake is just too adorable - I almost didn't miss the sexiness at all ☺
And of course we have sexy scenes - it just takes them a while.



I LOVED the book & Jake & Chelsea and Brent and the kids Rory, Raymond, Riley, Rosaleen, Regan, Ronan ... did I forget one?? ☺☺☺
Oh and I loved what the grown-ups did at the end...we'll hear more about that in Brent's book I guess ☺


SUSTAINED was an extremely adorable, moving, funny and sexy Romance!!!
GO GET IT NOW!!!!!

Can't wait for book #3 ☺






ARC received for an honest review

Book two in the Legal Briefs series - woohoo!

Jake Becker - OMG that man could smirk the pants off a nun!

We first me Jake in book 1 - Overruled - and now we get his whole story.

And what a story - not your average man brought to his knees by a beautiful woman story.  There were so many more players in this game - and what a troupe they are!

A lesser man would have run from Chelsea when he finds out about her looking after her 6 nieces and nephews, but boy do they worm his way under his skin, just as much as Chelsea.

Of course things are never going to be easy - what fun would that be? 

But can Jake get past all the baggage in Chelsea's life, or will it all be too much and too hard for him?

Nope, for that you are going to have to read for yourself!
 
I loved that we got more of Stanton and Sofia from the first book, and am looking forward to Brent's story to come in book 3.

I also adore the way that Ms Chase gets into the male  brain -she writes their POV so well, that sometimes I am sure she is really a he - has anyone checked that?

The only thing wrong with this book?  I Object (see what I did there lol) to the wait for book 3 




LiNKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR






#PreOrder Book #3 Appealed:
 



#1 - OVERRULED
our ► REVIEW


 




STALK EMMA ON:

FACEBOOK HOMEPAGE GOODREADS TWITTER
By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.