Wednesday 28 October 2015

✤ LUX ✤ COURTNEY COLE ✤ #NocteTrilogy3 ✤

© Bianca Janeane
  

COURTNEY COLE - LUX

• release date: 28 October 2015
NOCTE Trilogy #3

New Adult Dark Romantic Psycho-Suspense ☺ kinda ☺
★★★★★

5 big and fat Stars



LET THERE BE LIGHT.

My name is Calla Price and I’m broken.
My pieces are all around me, floating on the wind, even as I desperately try to grasp them.
Who is dead? Alive? Insane?
What is the truth?
I don’t know.
I do know this: The darkness is strangling me. With every breath, I choke on another lie.
My mind has protected me, but that shield will soon be lowered.
All will be revealed.
Every answer to every question.
It’s all been leading to this.
Don’t be afraid.
Be terrified.

 

Astoria, Oregon, USA & Whitley, England...







Do we all remember what happened in #NOCTE & #VERUM????
I have to admit, I did a little re-read when I found first #INITIUM and then #LUX on my kindle. But while I was doing that, I realized that I didn't forget a thing about what happened in the first books. You just can't forget such an extremely memorable story!! Not that remembering means understanding anything ☺☺☺



PLEASE STOP READING NOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ #NOCTE!!!!!!


OkeyDokey, where to begin...???
#LUX pretty much starts where #VERUM & #INITIUM ended...
Calla is in a hospital bed and her dead or still-living (???☺☺☺) twin Finn is talking to her.
Dare is nowhere to be found.
Calla doesn't know what's real and what's dream and what's her own crazy.
Finn tells her she has to find out what's real on her own. She has to go back to the beginning. To the one place and time she knows to be real.

And that's what we do.
Calla takes us back in time.
Back to Kindergarten age.
The time where Finn first got sick (crazy) .... or didn't he??
We find out a lot about what happened in Calla's childhood...but of course everything we find out, leads to more HUH?-moments and questions...



We go back to England with the family - every summer....
We see little Dare....teenaged Dare...
And how nobody in this huge mansion likes him, or even acknowledges him.... and how he pretends to not care ...



The whole story of Calla's life will be revealed to us, while she's still in that hospital bed.



But there's sooo much more that won't be revealed until the last pages of the book ... if at all ☺☺
- NOOOOO - don't skip to the end ... be patient!!!!!

What will happen to Calla & Dare?
Will we finally find all the answers?

Will everybody die at the end?
Or was anybody even alive in the first place??
Will there be a horrible Cliffhanger???

Nope, I'm not telling you ☺




well, ok - no Cliffy of course - it's the last book in the series!!!! ☺ BUT.... nope - not telling you!!!
_________________________________________________________



I REALLY LOoOVED THE BOOK!

I was sooo excited when I found the book on my kindle - I was waiting to read it for what seemed like forever!!!



I loved #NOCTE & #VERUM so much and I needed to know what would happen to Calla & Dare!
If they would get their HEA - or if if if - I don't even know what kind of if.... Is everybody dead? Are only some people dead?? Is nobody dead? Is everybody crazy? What kind of supernatural powers are at work? Or is it all real??? I'm sure you had the same questions while reading the first books....
This is such an amazing series - I never read anything like it before.
I JUST LOVE IT!
Even though I constantly, completely, have no idea what's going on ☺☺☺



Well, at least I now know a bit more than I did after finishing #NOCTE & #VERUM☺
It's still all very confusing and mysterious and suspensy and scary though.



This series is a complete psycho-mind-efff ☺ In a good way of course!!!



Just like in the first books, you imagine what could've happened, what will happen....
But you really have no idea, and you're just scared that you won't like whatever it is ....


And just like with #NOCTE & #VERUM you just can't help but LOVE every word of the story.

We love Dare so much ...we just want the two of them to get their happy ever after....
BUT... who knows when or if that will ever happen ☺☺☺


LUX was a heartstoppingly amazing effed-up Psycho-Suspense-Romance! 
I couldn't put it down!

This gif might be the best description of the NOCTE TRILOGY:



I loooooved it - and I won't say more than that - everything more I could and would want to say about the book would be a spoiler!!!! You need to get yourselves to amazon and one-click the hell out of this book!!!!!!





IF YOU HAVE NOT READ NOCTE, VERUM AND THE NOVELLA INITIUM, DON'T GO ANY FURTHER


 See that spinning head up there? Yep, that was me most of the time reading this whole series.  And now that the series has come to the end.... well, the head is still spinning!

But fasten your seatbelts, secure all valuables and keep arms and legs inside the carriage, because with Lux, you will be still be on the ride that began with Verum. 


Lux felt like the first verse of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen;


"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a  landslide, no escape from reality"

Throughout the whole book, I found myself falling deeper into the rabbit hole, not knowing which way was was, what was the truth in all the madness.
And still, even a week after I finished reading it, my head is 

At the end of Verum, we were left with so many questions - who is alive, who is dead, what the hell is happening.
 


With Lux, we get more of the same, but with additions!  Things that are raised in the novella Initium (which you really probably should read before Lux) are carried through to Lux, and pay an integral part of the story.

I adore Calla and Dare - theirs is such a heartfelt yet heartbreaking story.  It's all a case of will they or won't they?  Can they have a HEA or is it not on the cards for them.

And for that, you are going to have to read for yourself.

My mind is still running around in circles as to what really has happened.

I guess it is one of those things you really need to read for an make a decision for yourself.

The Nocte Trilogy is unlike any other series I have ever read.  I have been mind-f*&ked over and over - but coudn't stop coming back for more! 

What a dark, twisted place it must be in Ms Cole's mind - and I LOVE it!
 


LiNKS TO THE BOOK & AUTHOR




BOOK #2:

description


BOOK #1:





STALK COURTNEY ON:
facebook goodreads homepage twitter


Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would rather write than eat

chocolate. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Business, but no amount of working in the corporate world

could quell her urge to write.

Courtney was born and raised in Kansas, home of incredibly friendly people and the most horrendous

weather on the planet. Because summer days were so hot, she grew up reading stacks of books... and

when she didn't like the ending, she wrote her own.

Courtney has relocated to Florida where she writes beneath palm trees. To learn more about her, please

visit her website, www.courtneycolewrites.com . To sign up for her newsletter and receive exclusive

sneak peeks and super-fan perks, go here: http://smarturl.it/CourtneyColeEmail .