Tuesday 9 February 2016

✤ His Light In The Dark ✤ L.A. Fiore ✤ standalone ✤

© Bianca
  


L.A. FIORE
HIS LIGHT IN
THE DARK

• release date: 9 February 2016
• 360 pages

 ★★★★
4.25 Stars

My first memory was of a slap, hard across the face: the sting on my cheek and the jarring of my bones as I slammed back into my bed. It was my dad who had hit me.

I had been four.

Most of my memories were much of the same and no one ever saw, no one ever fought to help, no one ever cared.

Then we moved.

My new neighbor cared, rescued the twelve-year-old I had been from a beating. Always thought I'd suffer the nightmare alone, I was wrong.

Mace Donati saved me that day in all the ways a person could be saved.

And his daughter, Mia, she became the friend I had always wanted, my conscience when my own faltered, the light that led me home when I had lost my way.

The girl who grew into the only woman I would ever love.

But when you realize you're more like your father than the good people who took you in and gave you a home, the only way to return their kindness is to let them go.

I let them go, got so far lost in the shadows I couldn't remember who I was anymore. Mia never gave up on me. She fought for me, kept the light on so I'd find my way back.

And when I did, life threw us a curveball. I had to hurt Mia in order to save her.

But when my past comes back to haunt me and I almost lose her, I'm ready to fight for her...fight to find a way back into her heart while keeping the demons from my past from finishing what they started.

Cole Campbell






Cole and Mia's story begins years ago when he moves in next door to her.
Both only have their Dads left. Their moms disappeard forever ago.
The only difference is: Mia's Dad is the most perfect Dad a little girl could ever wish for.
And Cole's Dad is a mean, angry, violent Drunk!
One of those hitting sessions, when Cole was 12, was witnessed by Mace, Mia's Dad, and he stepped in to rescue Cole.
That's how he ends up staying next door most of the time.
But then, when Cole is 15, something happens that sends Cole away for a few years. And once he's back he thinks he's not good enough anymore for the Donatis.
But Mia never forgot him and her Dad never stopped fighting for him.

This book covers a lot of years - from when Mia was 7 all the way until after College....
Lots of things happen and most of those things are stopping Cole from being with Mia ...

WHAT WiLL HAPPEN WiTH MiA &  COLE???
WiLL THERE BE A HEA???
WiLL THERE BE A HORRiBLE CLiFFHANGER???


Nope - I'm not telling you



Ok - no Cliffhanger - it's a standalone Romance  
_______________________________________________________




I REALLY LOoOVED THE BOOK!

Ugh, such a beautiful story.
You fall in love with little Cole during the first line you read.
And you just want to cry and hug him all through the book.



He's had such a horrible childhood, until he met the Donatis...
And Mia.
Such a sweet and adorable little girl.
She's all glitter and princesses and Cinderella on DVD.
One would think her big, tattoed Dad wouldn't know what to do with such a child, but he's just perfect with her. And with Cole too.

When Cole is 15 and this thing happens, and even before...you just want to close the book and stop reading - afraid of whatever bad thing is coming :(


But of course you won't stop reading. ☺ You just HAVE to know how Mia and Cole's story will end - or rather, how their love story will get started in the first place...

I really enjoyed reading it.
It was my first Fiore book - and I don't know - it's probably just me being weird, but I had some huge problems with her writing :/
She sounds very british here and there, and this story is set in Philadelphia, so there shouldn't be any britishness in there. And the way she lets people talk. Little Mia talks way too old for her age. Everyone always leaves out the 'I' at the beginning of a sentence - that bothered me A LOT!!! Another thing I personally hate in my books, when people begin a sentence with 'I've something to tell you...' those I've's at the beginning sound sooo weird :/
That was my problem with the writing and now to the story.
I don't even know what to say.
The first 10% ... I was soooo in love with the story and I had high hopes for wherever this book would lead the reader, but.... It almost felt like I was reading a diary. I'm writing this now that I'm only 50% into the book and up until now it's like Mia and Cole just fast-forwarded through their lives. And so much got lost on the way. I would've been happier with hearing a few pages from their Childhood and then the author should've done a 10-year-later thing and not constantly those 6 months later - 1 year later - 2 years later - one week later, there was just way too much in this book. Either it should've been a 3-book thing or a much shorter one book thing. But the way it turned out is a bit weird. It's a bit like Ms Fiore started with an amazing story idea in her head, but after writing 10% she got kind of lost in there somewhere :( I don't know how to explain it any better :/

BUT - I still loved Cole and Mia and Mia's Dad so much - I had to keep reading to find out how their story would end!!!


HIS LIGHT IN THE DARK was a really moving and adorable and exciting Romance about two amazing people who fought their way through so much pain to finally get their Happy Ever After . . .  GO & GET IT & FALL IN LOVE WITH COLE TOO!!!




LiNKS TO THE BOOK & AUTHOR






STALK L.A. FIORE ON:
facebook twitter homepage

In elementary school, third grade I think, I wrote a book as part of a class assignment.  It had a cardboard cover, the pages were typed and the illustrations were done in my seven-year-old hand.  The title: The Case of the Missing Jewels.  The main character was my stuff rabbit Whitey.

I won an award through the school district for that book and it was then that I realized I could share what was in my head with others. Later, in University, I majored in Economics but that's pretty dry material, so I started writing daily tales that starred my friends. They were silly and fun and each ended in a moral, something profound like: Never eat a pickle in cowboy boots unless you're walking backwards. By the time I graduated, I had quite a following.

My dream has always been to write: to lose myself in the world of my creating. After University, while working in Corporate America, I wrote novel after novel, many finished—far too many unfinished—and I tried to get them published the old-fashioned way: query letters to literary agents with no luck. My husband encouraged me to go the ebook route but it had always been a dream to get that box of books: the first off the presses.

In 2012, I relented and published six of my books on Amazon as ebooks.  It was really more a lesson for my kids to go after their dreams; to teach them by doing and not just saying. I really never thought any of my stories would take off and so I was taken completely by surprise at the success of Beautifully Damaged.  In the Spring of 2013, I got the call I had been dreaming about getting since my first novel back in 1993: a publishing house was interested in Beautifully Damaged and the sequel. This past February, I got that box.  I was really sick with the flu, but I watched as my husband opened the box and just seeing my book looking back at me, I'll never forget it.

I can't even begin to tell you what it feels like to be living my dream.  I wouldn't be here if not for the fans of Beautifully Damaged, so thank you for helping to make my dream come true.