Tuesday 3 April 2018

✪ The Boy and His Ribbon ✪ Pepper Winters ✪




“What do you do when you meet your soul mate? No wait…that’s too easy. What do you do when you meet your soul mate and have to spend a lifetime loving him in secret? 

I’ll tell you what you do.

You lie.”

REN

Ren was eight when he learned that love doesn’t exist—that the one person who was supposed to adore him only cared how much he was worth. 
His mother sold him and for two years, he lived in terror.
But then…he ran.
He thought he’d run on his own. Turned out, he took something of theirs by accident and it became the one thing he never wanted and the only thing he ever needed. 

DELLA

I was young when I fell in love with him, when he switched from my world to my everything. 
My parents bought him for cheap labour, just like they had with many other kids, and he had the scars to prove it. 
At the start, he hated me, and I could understand why.
For years he was my worst enemy, fiercest protector, and dearest friend.
But by the end…he loved me.
The only problem was, he loved me in an entirely different way to the way I loved him.
And slowly, my secret drove us apart.


  ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I first fell in love with the cover for The Boy and His Ribbon - isn't it beautiful?

My heart quickly broke for Ren.  It completely ached for Della.  Together, they just shattered me.

Whilst this is not the usually mind eff, dark read from Ms Winters, it completely wrecked my heart.

Just when I thought that there could be nothing else that happens to our lovelies, boom, I turned the page and I was annihilated once again.

The Boy and his Ribbon is an emotional roller coaster that had me smiling, had my crying, had me mad as heck, never knowing what I was going to get in the next chapter.

Ms Winters books are always a journey.  One you will love.  One you will hate.  But always an amazing journey.

We are left on a bit of a cliffy, but it is not long until the second part of the duet, The Girl and her Ren, comes out.

I can't wait.